As the name suggests, a parent coach helps you take back your parent powers. So, no matter how old your child is, you can benefit from the coach's mentoring. Here's what you can expect the coach to do:
Reasons You Should Look For a Coach
- If your child's behavior has begun to bother you, it's high time you get some help. More importantly, if their behavior irritates you, now is the time to act.
- In case you expect them to pitch in for chores and they aren't, nagging won't help. They won't participate and may continue to talk back or completely ignore you. Again, help is called for.
- Even worse, your child may already be doing things that you don't want them to do any cost. For instance if they are into drugs or have started stealing your money, can you wait any longer or do you need immediate help? Well, you know the answer.
- Are you sure they are wrong and you are right? What if you did something wrong? And your child is merely acting the wrong way. A parent coach ensures that you can put your finger on whatever you have done.
- It is quite a possibility that you have already subjected the poor child to grounding, restrictions, yelling, spanking, and other forms of punishment, trying to make them behave. Did any of these things work? Of course, they must not have, but coaching would.