Child rearing could be a difficult task for the parents those are juggling between their jobs, children and some outdoor activities. Babysitter or nanny is the perfect solution for their problems who is professionally trained child care specialist. It is hard to leave the children with someone who is new to family. Today, hiring a loving, adjustable and trustworthy babysitter is a most challenging task. You can ask for a babysitter to whom you trust like family relatives, friends, neighbor, day care providers and preschool teachers or by posting an ad on websites offering babysitter facilities.
First, you need to be clear with your expectations for a babysitter like her educational qualification, family background, cultural background, disciple roles, job responsibilities, payment, vacations, work agreement, house roles, benefits and other significant aspects. The entire hiring process requires various important considerations that help you to find a babysitter as soon as possible. Some of the important aspects are mentioned below:
- Always check the family, cultural and criminal background of the babysitter. Don't waste time and money on the websites offering background checks as most of them don't even show their criminal records. These websites don't provide reliable and precise information.
- If you are searching babysitter through an agency, then never forget to ask about her background check information form. You may miss vital information if the agency don't have personal investigator with court contacts in every state.
- You can prepare a customized questionnaire with different issues and situation crucial problems and ask her to answer them. For example, you can ask what if the child got sick or injured. How she will manage the situation?
- You can ask for her health problems, smoking and drinking habits. Local laboratories perform health test at very economical prices and directly mail reports to you.
- If she is on medication, you can ask for its details. Like, if she takes antidepressants or anti-allergic medicines, you need to confirm what if she miss a dose or get sudden reaction.
- Baby sitter won't be allowed to entertain guests and invite her friends at family's home without the approval of parents. Discuss such other important concerning issues while interviewing the candidate.
- Most of the babysitter or nanny agencies avoid providing detailed questionnaires to the applicants and ask about their background, experience, qualifications, interest etc. You are free to clear all doubts and ask anything. You can ask about her food habits or cooking expertise so that you get to know whether she will be able to adjust with your taste and routine.
- If you have pets in house, you can ask how she feels about pets or enjoy being around the animals.
- Ask about her disciple theories. This will give you a profound idea about her ability to handle the kids. How she will control the kids and teach them to react and live in disciple. Babysitter or nanny has a great contribution in children's psychological and social development therefore comprehensive research is essential to perform.
- You have right to cross check her educational and training qualifications. A well mannered, loving and pleased nanny has positive effect on child's upbringing. Such good nannies develop a healthy and happy relationship with children and their parents.
- Don't forget to ask about her previous job experience and ages of children she used to take care of. Why she left the previous job and why she wanted to join a new one?
- You can ask her, what a perfect day means to her. What her future plans, desires and dreams. Her answers will help you to understand her skills and basic nature.
Most of the busy and professional parents wanted babysitter for their children who can take care of them when they are at work. With the growing market scope, various nanny agencies offering professionally qualified babysitters across the country.